Meta | SMASH: Career Insights Program
Meta | SMASH: Career Insights Program (CIP), the second year of our exciting collaboration with Meta, formerly Facebook.
Programming will incorporate a wide range of learning opportunities including, but not limited to:
Career Development Opportunities
- Resume Building Guidance
- Interview Strategies
- Panel Discussions
Insights into workplace opportunities
- Culture Overview
- Programs Overview
- University, Certification, and Internship Programs
- Circle Discussions
- Peer Discussions
The Meta | SMASH: Career Insights Program (CIP) application for participants opens December 1st, 2021 and will close on January 14, 2022.
“Learning about Facebook roles was informational and inspiring. I learned that a major is not the “end-all” when it comes to your career. I learned that tech companies need cognitive and overall diversity in order to thrive.” – 2021 Participant
“I learned so much about the different career roles at Facebook and realized that not all positions at Facebook are tech-related.” – 2021 Participant
“I really fell in love with the open culture that Facebook seems to have and really feel like it’s a company I could see myself thrive in.” – 2021 Participant
Meta | CIP Participant Application Process
Eligibility – If You
- Are SMASH Alumni studying any major and
- Are a Rising Second, Third, or Fourth Year in College
*** Note that the majority of seats will be held for third and fourth year university students, while 25% are for first and second year college students.
- Take a look at the program timeline provided below.
- Questions to consider:
- Will I be available full-time? (Answer should be “Yes” to apply);
- What is full-time availability? (Full-time means you will be present for the entirety of the program).
- Questions to consider:
- Start your application here;
- Application opens on December 1.
- Attend the Application walkthrough workshop: December 9 @ 4p PT.
- RSVP here
- Complete Meta | SMASH: Career Insights Program application, including essay responses
- Application deadline is on January 14.
- A selection committee will review all applications of scholar experience and overall standing during SMASH Academy and SMASH Alumni Programming (SMASH Admit, SMASH Persist, SMASH Rising)
- The selection committee will determine the number of SMASH Scholars/Alumni who will fill the 100 seats designated.
- An email communication will be sent to selected students in March.
- The email will include the offer letter, at which point you can accept or decline the offer.
- Upon signing the offer letter, the onboarding process will begin, with welcome materials distributed, and pre-work assigned.
The Meta | SMASH: Career Insights Program is a paid experience for SMASH Academy alumni. If you are not eligible to work in the U.S., please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about additional internship opportunities offered.
Dates + Location
This is a virtual summer program that will begin on Monday, June 13, 2022 and end on Friday, June 17th, 2022. All internship dates are mandatory.