Job Opening: Brand Campaign Consultant (Contract)
Brand Campaign Consultant
Oakland, California, United States · Kapor Center Communications Team
3 Month Contract | Full-Time | Competitive Pay, Negotiable based on experience
The Kapor Center is a family of innovative and groundbreaking organizations that pursue innovative strategies to leverage capital and technology for positive, progressive impact. It encompasses a private foundation, a for-profit investment partnership, and a non-profit 501(c)(3), plus supporting corporate entities.
We are seeking a Brand Campaign Consultant to serve as a key strategic partner with the Kapor Center Communications Team.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer and collaborating closely with the Communications Manager, the Brand Campaign Consultant will help design SMASH’s 2018 messaging strategy targeting the program’s various audiences and stakeholders. SMASH is the signature program of the non-profit entity, the Level Playing Field Institute. This person will also be key in assisting the Communications team with the roll out of the Kapor Center’s overall rebrand, with an emphasis on the SMASH program.
The broad responsibilities and duties of the Brand Campaign Consultant include:
- Developing a 2018 messaging strategy for SMASH across traditional and digital channels, including press/media, social media, video, blogs, conference participation, events, etc.
- Creating a marketing campaign model to promote SMASH in new markets.
- Identifying specific messages to our different stakeholders, including but not limited to SMASH scholars, parents, funders, donors, tech companies, internal staff, strategic partners, etc.
- Determining a timeline and frequency for communication and dissemination of messaging.
- Crafting specific messaging that targets our different stakeholders.
- Helping to design and integrate a unique campaign strategy for the announcement of the SMASH rebrand that is still coherent to the overall 2018 strategy.
- Developing a plan for collecting and evaluating metrics to assess the success of campaigns.
- Identifying skills needed for a full time position to execute plan throughout the year.
- Minimum 5 years or more years of professional experience with a proven track record of developing and implementing a marketing/campaign strategy, preferably within nonprofit and/or education.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent project and process management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative proactively by creating and/or following through on new ideas and strategies.
- Displays sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding Kapor Center, LPFI and SMASH.
- High degree of self-motivation, personal discipline and integrity.
- Possesses collaborative work style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
- Perform well independently with grace under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in using digital media and social media to implement a campaign strategy, including platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, websites, blogging, video, email and so on.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience.
- Portfolio of proven work highly preferred.
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio of work to the Communications Manager, Ashleigh Richelle at email@example.com.